Sunday, January 31, 2016

Considering Genre, Blog Post 2.10

The major projects in English 109H are going to be a major undertaking. As such, it is important to me that I pick my media genres wisely for each major project. As well, it will be important for me to understand the major conventions that go along with each genre type. A failure to understand the genres will undoubtedly lead me to a less than desired grade for my projects.

 1. What genre are you going to commit to for Project 1? Why?

I am choosing to use the Video Essay genre for Project 1. The Video Essay, to me at least, felt like one of the harder genres to complete a project in. I figured that I should try and get a harder genre out of the way first, then use my experience and errors in Project 1 to better my work later on. As well, compared to Projects 2 and 3, Project 1 is not weighted as heavily. I can afford to have some errors in the process early on.

2. What genre conventions from your chosen genre are you planning on developing during next week's Production phase? What do you plan to do with the genre conventions that will help you accomplish the purpose of the project most effectively?

I am planning on developing my photography and video recording skills. Both still images and video clips are crucial in a Video Essay. With that in mind, I figured that I should focus a great deal of time and energy into perfecting the process. I also plan on editing my video clips effectively in order to showcase the controversy I researched effectively. 

3. How are you feeling about Project 1 going in to the Production phase? What challenges do you anticipate next week as you create content for the project?

Honestly, I am quite nervous about producing Project 1. I am going to be using video and audio editing software that I have never used before to try and make a memorable and informative project. As well, I am worried that the controversy I picked will hold up during the production and post-production phases. I foresee myself having some issues uploading video and audio clips into Windows Movie-maker and I foresee myself having issues with the content of the project itself. 

microbiologybytes. Videa camera icon. January 7th, 2015 via Flickr. Attribution license.

No comments:

Post a Comment