Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Blog Post 7.3, Pre-Production Reflection

Although Pre-Production week was technically turned into two weeks, it was still done without much confusion. As usual, there were some ups and downs to contend with. I will outline my experiences on this post.

  • What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
While not exactly "this week", I'd have to say my biggest success was getting both of my interviews done on time. As well, both interviews provided me with a wealth of information. For example, I learned that Dr. Gehrels explained geosciences writing as technical, concise, and accurate. This statement will certainly help me write my project.
  • What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
The biggest roadblock during this week was gaining access to scientific journals and papers. Many sites, including the one I looked at the most: Geology, require one to pay for access. Luckily, as a student, I was able to enter my credentials and gain some access. However, some access is still limited.
  • How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?
I think that I will be able to get at least a working draft done by Sunday. One issue may be finding secondary examples of my genre. I had really only planned on sharing one example from each genre that I selected. Now, I must be prepared to share more information. As well, I still need to search for relevant images to my project.
  • How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?
I am feeling rather well about the project. I have a plethora of information to use already and just need to complete gathering research. While I am under a bit of a time constraint, I am not too worried. I feel confident that I can produce a full rough draft by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment