Sunday, March 27, 2016

Blog Post 9.5, Reflection Post-Production

Overall, the Post-Production phase was very eye-opening and stressful. I feel as if it was harder and more constrained than in project 1 due to the distractions of spring break. While I think the finished product is good, I am sure that I did not follow the QRG format correctly (Which I will explain below).


  • What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
I was able to complete my works cited and change the format of my QRG significantly. Where before there was long, indented paragraphs and walls of text, there are now more pictures, shorter paragraphs, numbered and bulleted lists, and a faster read overall.
  • What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
I honestly feel that despite my best efforts, my QRG still has more of a College Essay feel to it. While I did try to include pictures on just about every page, my QRG runs rather long: 11 pages including Title Page and Works Cited! As well, I feel that perhaps more hyperlinks should have been included in the QRG. However, I really could not find much else to link in to my QRG.
  • How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?
Next week will certainly be a bit more relaxed; now that Project 2 is over. However, I will also need to be prepared to write Project 3. Arguably, that project will be harder since I need to take a side in the debate discussed in Project 1.
  • How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?
I feel that while my QRG is far from perfect, it is still a serviceable document for its purpose. I was supposed to explain the genres of writing that exist in Geosciences and elaborate on what sets them apart. I feel like I accomplished this goal; albeit accomplished in a rather lengthy document.

No comments:

Post a Comment