Sunday, March 13, 2016

Blog Post 8.3, Production Reflection


Writing my QRG rough draft was not particularly challenging. No video or audio recording equipment was necessary; which made content making as easy as logging into Google Drive and bringing up my paper. Some challenges did occur, however.

  • What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
The main thing that went right during this week was I got the rough draft finished! I procrastinated a bit and didn't finish until Sunday night; when I was already on vacation. Despite the distractions around me, I finished my work on time.

Another success was that I found several good images for use in my draft. I feel that these visuals will help readers understand what each genre looks like.
  • What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
Although the rough draft is a decent first try, there are some missing pieces. I did not add a works cited, opting instead to finish that process in the final edit. This emission may cause some confusion for peer reviewers!
  • How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?
I think that the next couple of weeks will go rather well. Correcting papers tends to be easy. At least, easier than correcting video or audio clips!
  • How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?
I feel that while my QRG is decent, my video that I did for the first major project was better. Writing about the genres in Geosciences may seem a bit dull. Watching a video about a major controversy in the same field, however, is much more exciting. Overall, I feel as if the context surrounding project 2 may be boring to readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment