Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Blog Post 14.1, Content Outline

I plan on doing a Podcast Segment for my final project. Luckily, in terms of evidence, I don't really need to research much. I simply need to look at my old writing.

Opening Section:


  • Talk about how the semester has been thus far for me. Discuss what I've learned overall as a writer and how I'll go into more detail in the body sections.


Attention Grabber:


  • Talk about my grade progression through the semester. This will show how my writing has progressed over time.
Body Section 1:

  • Talk about Project 1 and the Video Essay. Discuss what I did well and what I did not so well. Talk about how my experience helped me later.
Evidence:

  • Mostly still imagery used. Proves that I wasn't that adapt at using video media. This is important because I did not do that well on this project.
  • Used a lot of sources in my work. Proves that I thoroughly researched my topic. Important because I would use this to aid my work later.
Body Section 2:

  • Project 2 and the QRG. Talk about what was different this time than what I did in Project 1. Investigate what worked well for me and what didn't.
Evidence:

  • Used a lot of images in my QRG. Proves that I followed the format for QRG correctly. Important because conventions was something lacking in Project 1 that I improved upon in Project 2.
  • Large blocks of text still present despite edits. Shows that editing wasn't always effective. Important because it would force me to carefully edit my future work.
Body Section 3:

  • Project 3 and the College Essay. Discuss how doing the QRG prepared me for this project. Talk about the controversy and why it was important to me. Explain what was good/not good.
Evidence:

  • Variety of sources used. Proves that many different sides of the controversy were introduced. Important because I had to show that a good idea was great and try and prove the naysayers somewhat wrong; but I still had to provide their opinions.
  • Paper was somewhat short. Proves that maybe not enough work was put into the project. Important because it shows that I could've maybe done more.
Closing Section:

  • Talk about the end of the class and how the journey has been interesting. Finish up by stating that my work has truly improved for the better. 
Closing (Significance): 

  • Quote from Winston Churchill: "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts".



No comments:

Post a Comment